CEE Bankwatch Network, an international environmental organisation with member groups across Central and Eastern Europe, is looking for candidates to fill the full time position of:
Communities support specialist
The successful candidate will assist communities and civil society organisations to defend their rights for clean and healthy environment that might be affected by the investments of International Financial Institutions.
- Work with communities and organisations in various countries, with focus on Eastern Europe and Central Asia,
- Support groups in collecting and spreading information on projects by International Financial Institutions,
- Maintain contacts with Multilateral Development Banks’ staff on policies and specific projects,
- Contribute to developing training materials for local communities,
- Organising trainings and trips.
Expectation from a candidate:
- Experience in community development and support of activists,
- Preferred background or experience with Human Rights Work or Accountability Mechanisms,
- Experience organising and administrating of events,
- Readiness to work both in a team and independently,
- Knowledge of development issues and affinity for the Bankwatch mission are preferred,
- Familiarity with the region and experience with working in international organisations is an asset,
- Readiness to travel within Eastern Europe and Central Asia,
- Fluency in English is a required, Russian and other languages of Central Asia/Caucasus is an asset.
To be based at one of Bankwatch or our Member Groups’ Offices (http://bit.ly/30qOiBY).
Competitive salary for international NGOs from central and eastern Europe, based on location and commensurate with work experience.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You’ll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Olexi Pasyuk email@example.com by 6 August 2019.