Terms and conditions
Collection and use of personal data
When the user visits the Ecodia website, the user’s data is processed, in particular:
- IP addresses;
- parameters and settings of Internet browsers (User-agent);
- information entered when filling out forms on our website.
While visiting the Website, all logins to the system are recorded. No other information regarding user traffic is processed or stored. In any case, when optional information is requested, the user will be notified promptly at the moment of collecting such information. Ecodia does not collect personal data that disclose racial or ethnic origin, political beliefs, religious or philosophical beliefs, or membership in trade unions, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, data on health or data on the sex life of an individual or his or her sexual orientation. Ecodia collects statistics on Website access. The data may include information about the connection, traffic, user’s browser, as well as the date, time, duration of time spent on the Internet and staying on the Website. Ecodia also collects information that visitors fill out in the forms on our website, this information may also contain information such as name, contact details, thematic preferences for newsletters, etc.
Visitor data is collected by Google Analytics, which makes available aggregated data from which it is not possible to determine individual visitor information.
Processing of personal data
The processing and storage of the provided personal data is carried out in data centers where hardware is located that ensures the functioning of the Website services. The provided personal data is processed and may be stored in a personal database or a separate spreadsheet of the Website’s database. The storage and processing location of personal data available to the organization is located at: 36E, Yevhen Konovaltsia St., Kyiv, Ukraine.
Purposes of using personal data
The user’s personal data is used to enable the provision of the Website’s Internet services, exchange of information/news, advertising and communications.
Personal data storage period
Personal data is stored for no longer than necessary in accordance with the purpose of its processing. After the subject of personal data ceases to be a user of the Site by deleting his/her account on the Site, or refuses to receive newsletters to which the user has previously subscribed, his/her personal data is also automatically deleted.
A Cookie is a text file or files containing a small amount of information that is sent to a web browser and stored on a user’s device. Such devices may include a computer, mobile phone or other device used by the user to visit the Site. Cookies can be permanent (called persistent cookies) and stored on the computer until the user deletes them or temporary (called session cookies), that is, they are stored only until the browser is closed. In addition, cookies are divided into first-party cookies (they are set directly by the Website visited) and third-party cookies (set by other websites).
- when the user visits the Website repeatedly, the cookie data is updated;
- in most cases, the web browser allows automatic storage of cookies on the user’s device by default;
- disabling cookies may result in restricted access to published materials and/or inadequate functioning of the Site’s services.
Ecodia is committed to its users and aims to make their stay on the Site as convenient as possible. To do this, Ecodia needs to analyze the user’s behavior, preferences and interests using cookies. Such analysis will help Ecodia to improve the experience of interaction with the Website, to provide the most convenient interface and navigation of the Website.
Ecodia uses the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – are required for the user to navigate the web page, search the Website, store previous user actions when going to the previous page in the same session.
- Performance cookies – aggregate information about how the Website is used. This data is stored on the user’s device between web browser sessions. Examples of such data may include the following metrics: time spent on the Site, most frequently visited pages, understanding which sections and services of the Site were most interesting to the user, how effective a particular advertising and/or marketing campaign is, etc. All information collected through performance cookies is intended for statistical and analytical purposes. Some cookie data may be provided to third parties who have permission from the website and solely for the purposes specified above.
- Functional cookies – used to save settings or configurations that are stored on the user’s device between web browser sessions. These cookies also allow users to watch videos, participate in interactive experiences (polls, voting) and interact with social networks. To make the experience more convenient after visiting the resource, these cookies store the information provided by the user, increasing the efficiency of interaction with the Website.
- targeting cookies – used to provide content that may be of interest to the user. This data is stored on the user’s device between web browser sessions. Examples of such data may include the following metrics: tracking recommended text, graphics, audio and video material to avoid repeated display, managing targeted advertising, evaluating the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, information about user visits to other resources during conversions, as well as other Website settings. The Website may share this information with other parties, including but not limited to media clients, advertisers, agencies and related business partners, in order to provide high-quality targeted advertising.
- cookies from third-party services and analytics services:
For fast delivery, better display and detailed analysis of the content on the Website, Ecodia may use services owned by other third-party companies, such as Meta, Twitter, Alphabet Inc. The companies listed as an example may use their cookies on the user’s device while working on the Website. Please note that the Website cannot affect the operation of cookies used by these services. All the necessary information about their use can be found by visiting the relevant resource.
Major web browsers (listed below) are set to automatically accept cookies. To disable them, use the help function in your browser. Help can be accessed through the menu or by pressing F1.
Microsoft Edge – https://support.microsoft.com/uk-ua/topic/%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BB%D1%8F%D0%B4-%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB%D1%96%D0%B2-cookie-%D0%B2-microsoft-edge-a7d95376-f2cd-8e4a-25dc-1de753474879
Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=uk&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&sjid=11038994103958468710-EU
Opera – https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
Safari for macOS – https://support.apple.com/uk-ua/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
The user also has the option to visit the site in incognito mode, which is available on most web browsers, which limits the ability of the website to collect information about the user.
Interaction of the Website with other resources
When a user uses the Website, its pages may contain code of other Internet resources and third parties, as a result of which such Internet resources and third parties receive user data. Hence, these Internet resources may receive and process information that the user has visited these pages, as well as other information transmitted by the user’s browser.
Such Internet resources may include:
– social networking plugins (e.g., Discus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+);
The use of these services by Ecodia is necessary for the operational analysis of visits to the Site, internal and external evaluation of the Site’s traffic, the depth of views, and user activity. Ecodia does not store or process data received from these services. Accordingly, if the user for any reason does not want these services to have access to his or her personal data, the user can voluntarily log out of his or her account or profile, clear cookies (through his or her browser).
Safety for minors
The website is not intended for underage users. Ecodia takes security issues very seriously, especially in relation to persons under the age of consent, and therefore Ecodia appeals to parents to explain to their children about Internet security issues, their specific purpose and need to use the Site.
Protection of personal data
Ecodia uses commonly accepted standards of technological and operational protection of information and personal data against loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, despite its best efforts, Ecodia cannot guarantee absolute protection against any threats arising outside the scope of Ecodia’s regulation. Ecodia ensures the application of all relevant confidentiality obligations, as well as technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data, their accidental loss, destruction or damage. Ecodia provides access to information and personal data only to authorized employees who have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of such information and data in accordance with Ecodia’s requirements. The dissemination of personal data without the consent of the personal data subject or his/her authorized person is allowed in cases specified by law, and only (if necessary) in the interests of national security, economic well-being and human rights.
Terms of access to personal data
The procedure for access to personal data of third parties is determined by the terms of the user’s consent provided to the owner of personal data to process this data or in accordance with the requirements of the law. The user has the right to receive any information about himself/herself from any subject of relations related to personal data, provided that the user indicates his/her surname, name and patronymic, place of residence (place of stay) and details of the document certifying the individual submitting the request, except in cases established by law. The user’s access to data about himself/herself is free of charge.
Rights of the personal data entity
Ecodia informs the user of his or her rights as a subject of personal data, which are regulated by the Law of Ukraine “On Personal Data Protection”, in particular:
1) to know about the sources of collection, location of their personal data, the purpose of their processing, location or place of residence (stay) of the owner or manager of personal data or to give a corresponding order to obtain this information to persons authorized by them, except in cases established by law;
2) to receive information on the conditions for granting access to personal data, including information about third parties to whom his/her personal data is transferred;
3) to have access to their personal data;
4) to receive a response on whether his/her personal data is processed no later than thirty calendar days from the date of receipt of the request, except in cases provided for by law, and to receive the content of such personal data;
5) to submit a justified request to the personal data controller with an objection to the processing of their personal data;
6) to submit a sufficiently reasoned request to change or erase their personal data by any owner and administrator of personal data if such data is processed illegally or is unreliable;
7) to protect their personal data from unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction, damage due to intentional concealment, failure to provide or untimely provision, as well as to protect against the provision of information that is inaccurate or discrediting to the honor, dignity and business reputation of an individual;
8) file complaints against the processing of their personal data to the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights or to the court;
9) apply for legal remedies in case of violation of the legislation on personal data protection;
10) to make reservations regarding the restriction of the right to process their personal data when giving consent;
11) withdraw consent to the processing of personal data;
12) to know the mechanism of automatic processing of personal data;
13) to be protected against an automated decision that has legal consequences for him/her.
To update, access, amend, block or delete your personal data, withdraw consent to the processing of personal data that you have provided to Ecodia in accordance with this Policy, or if you have any comments, requests or claims regarding your personal data processed by Ecodia, please contact Ecodia: by e-mail admin at ecoact.org.ua or by writing a letter to Ecodia, P.O. Box 32
Changes to the Policy
This Policy may be amended and supplemented from time to time and without prior notice to the user, including in case of changes in the requirements of the law. In case of significant changes to this Ecodia Policy, a notice will be posted on the Site and the date of entry into effect of these changes will be indicated. If you do not refuse to accept them in writing within the specified period, it means that you agree to the relevant changes to the Policy. Please review the Policy from time to time to be aware of any changes or additions.